I apologize. I haven’t been posting recipes, lately. If it’s any consolation, I haven’t been doing much cooking at all. (Scott is not a happy camper.) But, he and I have been so busy with The House on High Street and summer commitments, that whatever time I have at home I am on the sofa as opposed to in the kitchen.
We’ve been eating out and ordering a lot of take-out, lately. So, as you can imagine, I’ve made quite a few compromises with my clean eating regime. (These 10 pounds may never come off.)
Anyway, I cannot wait to move into The House on High Street and have my personalized kitchen and more time to cook again. But still, this is not an excuse to stop posting my recipes.
So, we’ll reconvene with a very simple crowd pleaser…Rachel Maria’s Stuffed Shells. (Since I gave up dairy, I’ll make this for Scott. Although, if this is served at a special occasion/party, I will NOT refuse.) I’ll follow this up with a recipe for Rachel Maria’s Marinara Sauce, next. Until then, just use your favorite marinara sauce on hand…with or without meat.
12 Ounce Package Frozen Pasta Shells
32 Ounces (or 4 Cups) Ricotta Cheese
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
(Optional) 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for topping
1 Cup Grated Pecorino Romano
2 Tsp. Black Pepper
2 Tsp. Finely Chopped Parsley
32 Ounces (1 Large Jar) of Your Favorite Marinara Sauce
* Preheat Oven to 350°F.
* Cook Frozen Pasta Shells in a large pot of boiling water according to box directions MINUS 1-2 minutes. (A la dente)
* Rinse & Drain.
* In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.
* Spoon cheese mixture into each shell.
* Spread Marinara sauce on the bottom of a 13×9″ pan or tin, then place shells (open side up) in rows.
* Pour Marinara Sauce on top of shells.
* (Optional) Add 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on top.
* Bake uncovered until bubbly about 25 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
* Garnish with Fresh Parsley.