Ok, here is why these cookies are extraordinary. (Secret, revealed.)
I use an already-made pie crust. Of course you can use a homemade pie crust if you prefer. But, my theory is, why do something that’s already done for you? These cookies are quick, easy, BEAUTIFUL, and oh so good.
They take about 10 minutes to assemble, and the kids love to help roll them up. I’ve been making these, in a pinch, for years. An easy crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
Rachel Maria’s Extraordinary Holiday Cookies
- 1 Pkg. (of 2) Pillsbury or Store-brand Pie Crusts
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (Miniatures work best)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- Cinnamon (for top of cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine Walnuts, Chips, and Brown Sugar in a bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, roll pie crust dough just enough to stretch and thin out the dough a bit.
- Using a Pizza Cutter, cut 12 mini pizza-like slices. First cut in quarters, then slice each quarter into 3 skinny triangular pieces. (You can also cut into 16 slices to create smaller versions. They take the same amount of time to bake!)
- Sprinkle the walnuts, chips, and sugar mixture along the edge of the pie crust in a circle.
- Starting from the outside, roll each slice towards the center.
- Assemble on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. (Or when pie crust appears flaky on the ends.)
- After cooling, garnish a plate with the cookies, powdered sugar, and Hershey Kisses.