Success! I made it through my first week of eating mostly fruits and vegetables, 3 meals with organic protein, nuts and dried fruit as snacks, and water and tea as beverages.
Overall, I feel good. I still struggled with fatigue, hmmm, I would say… the same. It’s probably still too soon to tell. However, I’m at the end of my cycle, and I noticed some improvement with other symptoms such as brain fog, water retention, headaches, and lack of motivation. Hey, just the fact that I started this diet during my weaker half of the month is a HUGE SUCCESS.
So, here is an example on how my meals have changed:
Week 1 Summary
* I’m not sure if I lost weight, but my pants do not feel nearly as tight. Great sign.
* I went to the bathroom, let’s just say, more than usual. That’s something that even us, girls, can sing about! Hip Hip Hooray!
* I’m drinking a minimum of 64oz. water a day.
* I replaced my delicious morning coffee (or shall I say my morning cream and a splash of coffee) with Tea ~ English Breakfast Tea and 1 Tsp. Agave Nectar (which is natural). Mid day I drank green tea and over the weekend I had one glass of red wine. Very nice.
* I omitted all breads and grains, and I hope to do this just until my clothes are not too tight.
* I omitted all Cheese & Creams. This is such a big accomplishment for me!
* I did have a few eggs (which quite frankly, I’m not sure what to do about yet) and a glass of warm almond milk and cinnamon on a night where I was too wired to sleep. (That, in itself, was bizarre. I guess it’s part of the adjustment.) I actually liked the warm almond milk. Next time, I’ll try a little vanilla in there, too. I’m getting sleepy thinking about it.
* I ate 3 meals (in 7 days) that had organic chicken/beef. Another huge accomplishment for me. I used to eat meat at least once a day in some shape or form.
* I experimented with one new soup recipe, Chick Pea with Spinach & Middle Eastern Spices.
* My Latest Essentials: Tropical Fruit, almonds, walnuts, dried fruit (any three make a great snack), agave nectar (a natural sweet ingredient for tea, dressings, marinades, or drizzled on fruit), and MY STOVETOP GRILL (grilled and marinated mushrooms really can satisfy my carnivorous cravings…who would have thought?)
Ok, entering week two. I can do this. I can do this!
I leave you with a few more pics of my clean meals from last week.