Can’t take credit for this one. (Technically, I owe credit to my Italian mamma, Rachel Gloria, for most of my own recipes because I’ve gotten most of my ideas from her!) This is ridiculously yummy!
Recipe Yields 4-6 Servings
* 1.5-2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef (or Beef, pork, and veal medley)
* 2 Yellow Onions chopped
* 1 Green Pepper Chopped
* 1 lb. Mushrooms sliced
* 4-6 Cloves Garlic chopped
* 2 Lg. Eggs
* 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
* 1/3 Cup Ketchup
* 2 Tbs. Sriracha (Optional for a little heat)
* 1 Tbs. EVOO, Fresh chopped Parsely, Salt & Pepper
* I Jar of Brown Gravy (or home-cooked brown gravy thickened with corn-starch)
* Preheat Oven to 350.
* In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute’ chopped onions, green pepper, and garlic until translucent.
* Meanwhile in a large bowl, add breadcrumbs with 1 cup of milk or warm water to soften the breadcrumbs.
* Add ground meat, eggs, salt, and pepper, parsley, Ketchup, Sriracha,
*Add cooked onion, peppers, and garlic to the mixture.
* Mix together with your hands
* Shape into 4-6 oversized burger patties and place in a roasting pan or tin. Cover with Foil
* Cook for 1.5 hours.
* After 1 hour of cooking add sauteed mushrooms (just add a little more EVOO to the same saucepan you cooked the onion/pepper/garlic in)
* Pour mushrooms and jar of brown gravy over the beef patties.
* Keep foil off for remaining 15-30 minutes.
* Serve with pork-n-beans and your favorite prepared mashed potatoes!
* All ovens vary. Check meat every 30 minutes. The end result will have no pink on the inside and not too much dark on the outside.