Oct 27 Decisions… re-coat, re-roof on top of old, tear off and re-roof new, change roof pitch, or add new type of roofing material. With a slew of other projects that required funds, Scott and I decided to re-coat the roof, since the current roof was in OK condition. (Per 2 roofing companies’ opinions and that of our home inspector.)
This is Scott’s favorite dish that I make at home. I prefer using cooper sharp cheese, as it melts great and gives such a superb flavor to the chicken. Since it has spinach in it, all I need to do is pair it with mashed potatoes or risotto and Pinot Grigio. Enjoy!
To all the Teachers, the Pastors, and the Leaders of Organizations-
This past Sunday, I attended a church that I have recently stumbled upon by accident. How I discovered this church is almost as miraculous as the fact that I want to go back for more. This jogged my memory of the last thirty-five years of participating in church congregations, as well as learning institutions and work organizations. From what I’ve experienced, some are effective, and some are not. Some are inviting, while others are unappealing. Some grow, and some cannot retain their members. Some empower, while others micromanage and stifle.
2-3lbs. Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
3T. Olive Oil
1 Large Yellow Onion
4 Cloves Garlic Chopped
1 Green Pepper Chopped
3-4 Stalks Celery Chopped
1-3 Jalapeño and/or Chili Peppers (optional for extra spice)
1 Pkg. Chili Seasoning
1 Large Can Chopped Tomatoes
1 Jar Salsa
½ C. Ketchup
2 T. Liquid Smoke (optional for extra heat)
¼ C. Chipotle flavoring peppers in can or marinade in bottle (optional for smoky flavor)
3 T. Sriracha (optional for extra kick)
1 Can Dark Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Kernel Corn
Fresh Chopped Tomato
- In a Large Pot add Olive Oil to a Med-High Flame.
- Sauté’ Chopped Onion, Celery, all Peppers, and Garlic until translucent.
- Add meat and break apart with wooden spoon over medium heat.
- Add Chili Seasonings Packet and continue to stir with wooden spoon.
- Once meat is no longer pink, stir in Chopped Tomatoes, Salsa, and Ketchup.
- IF you prefer a little kick, heat, and smoky flavor – Sriracha, Liquid smoke, and/or Chipotle.
- Adjust to Medium-Low. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Rinse Beans and Corn in a strainer before adding for a remaining 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Sour Cream, Green Onion, Black Olives, Tomato, and serve with Chips.