This is Scott’s favorite dish that I make at home. I prefer using cooper sharp cheese, as it melts great and gives such a superb flavor to the chicken. Since it has spinach in it, all I need to do is pair it with mashed potatoes or risotto and Pinot Grigio. Enjoy!
2-3lbs. Lean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
3T. Olive Oil
1 Large Yellow Onion
4 Cloves Garlic Chopped
1 Green Pepper Chopped
3-4 Stalks Celery Chopped
1-3 Jalapeño and/or Chili Peppers (optional for extra spice)
1 Pkg. Chili Seasoning
1 Large Can Chopped Tomatoes
1 Jar Salsa
½ C. Ketchup
2 T. Liquid Smoke (optional for extra heat)
¼ C. Chipotle flavoring peppers in can or marinade in bottle (optional for smoky flavor)
3 T. Sriracha (optional for extra kick)
1 Can Dark Kidney Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Kernel Corn
Fresh Chopped Tomato
- In a Large Pot add Olive Oil to a Med-High Flame.
- Sauté’ Chopped Onion, Celery, all Peppers, and Garlic until translucent.
- Add meat and break apart with wooden spoon over medium heat.
- Add Chili Seasonings Packet and continue to stir with wooden spoon.
- Once meat is no longer pink, stir in Chopped Tomatoes, Salsa, and Ketchup.
- IF you prefer a little kick, heat, and smoky flavor – Sriracha, Liquid smoke, and/or Chipotle.
- Adjust to Medium-Low. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Rinse Beans and Corn in a strainer before adding for a remaining 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Sour Cream, Green Onion, Black Olives, Tomato, and serve with Chips.
**Rachel Maria modified this (already delicious and suitable) recipe by The Chef John, found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maple-brined-pork-loin/
**Total Prep Time: 8-10 Hrs (6-8 hours to refrigerate Pork Loin in Brine Mixture)
Rachel Maria suggests serving this with Spinach & Fresh Garlic and Sweet Potatoes. Enjoy!
Recipe Yields 2-4 Servings
* Fresh Shrimp or Frozen set in cool water until defrosted (Figure 5-7 per person)
* Garlic (3 Cloves or 10 for the Italians)
* 3 T Tomato Paste
* 1 C Red Wine
* Cubed Tomatoes (2-4 Fresh or 1 Lg. Can)
* Hot Sauce (Sriracha) OR Red Pepper Flakes
* Basil, salt, pepper,
* Your Favorite Pasta (Rachel Maria Recommends Angel Hair or Thin Spaghetti)
* In a Saute Pan – Saute’ Garlic in on Medium High Heat in EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) until soft
* Add Tomato Paste & stir
* Pour in Red Wine & Stir
* Add Cubed Tomatoes, Hot Sauce, and seasonings
* Lower Heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
*Add to your favorite pasta with lots of Pecorino Romano & Your Favorite Glass of Wine
Are you ready for a knock-your-socks-off breakfast treat? Make this for company. Make this for your loved ones. Make this just because you want to eat something delicious.
Extraordinarily Created by,
Can’t take credit for this one. (Technically, I owe credit to my Italian mamma, Rachel Gloria, for most of my own recipes because I’ve gotten most of my ideas from her!) This is ridiculously yummy!
Recipe Yields 4-6 Servings
* 1.5-2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef (or Beef, pork, and veal medley)
* 2 Yellow Onions chopped
* 1 Green Pepper Chopped
* 1 lb. Mushrooms sliced
* 4-6 Cloves Garlic chopped
* 2 Lg. Eggs
* 2 Cups Bread Crumbs
* 1/3 Cup Ketchup
* 2 Tbs. Sriracha (Optional for a little heat)
* 1 Tbs. EVOO, Fresh chopped Parsely, Salt & Pepper
* I Jar of Brown Gravy (or home-cooked brown gravy thickened with corn-starch)
* Preheat Oven to 350.
* In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute’ chopped onions, green pepper, and garlic until translucent.
* Meanwhile in a large bowl, add breadcrumbs with 1 cup of milk or warm water to soften the breadcrumbs.
* Add ground meat, eggs, salt, and pepper, parsley, Ketchup, Sriracha,
*Add cooked onion, peppers, and garlic to the mixture.
* Mix together with your hands
* Shape into 4-6 oversized burger patties and place in a roasting pan or tin. Cover with Foil
* Cook for 1.5 hours.
* After 1 hour of cooking add sauteed mushrooms (just add a little more EVOO to the same saucepan you cooked the onion/pepper/garlic in)
* Pour mushrooms and jar of brown gravy over the beef patties.
* Keep foil off for remaining 15-30 minutes.
* Serve with pork-n-beans and your favorite prepared mashed potatoes!
* All ovens vary. Check meat every 30 minutes. The end result will have no pink on the inside and not too much dark on the outside.