I made this last night. At first, I wasn’t sure what I was doing with 4 boneless chicken breasts. After realizing I had Marsala Wine and mushrooms on hand, I made a delicious Chicken Marsala dish. It’s quick and easy. Enjoy!
Recipe by: Rachel Maria
4 Boneless chicken breasts
8oz. Package of porcini mushrooms (sliced)
1 Cup Flour
Salt & Pepper
4 T. Butter
Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 cup Marsala wine (Or Marsala cooking wine)
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1/4 cup warm water with 1 T. Flour whisked in
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
* Pound and/or Slice in half Chicken Breasts. (You want them about 1/4 ince thick.) Season both sides with salt and pepper.
* In a large skillet over a medium-high flame, melt 2 T. butter.
* Saute mushrooms until soft. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
* Dredge chicken breasts with flour.
* Melt 2 T. butter in skillet (over medium-high flame) and add just enough olive oil just to coat the bottom.
* Fry the chicken breasts on each side for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan. (If you do this in batches, simply melt more butter and olive oil before cooking the next batch.) Remove from pan and cover with foil.
* Lower the heat to Medium. Return the cooked mushrooms to the pan. Add the marsala wine. Stir for a few seconds.
* Add the chicken stock and parsley. Let this simmer for a minute or two. (The liquid will get a little get a little thicker.)
* Meanwhile, in a cup or small bowl, whisk 1/4 Cup warm water with 2 T. flour until you get a thickened liquid. Add this to the pan and stir.
* Pour over cooked chicken. Garnish with more parsley.